Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The brain (2)

I stayed back in the lab till 11 PM yesterday to start some simulations. I was hungry, tired but I wanted to start the runs so that I get the night time for my runs. But, today morning I noticed that 8 of my codes have stopped running in the middle of the run because the hard drives had got completely full. It took me a few hours in the morning to clean up the space. I had to call Orbitz to smoothen an issue with an airline ticket and they kept me on hold for 45 mins. When I was finally ready to start my sims, I noticed that some other person had started his sims on the computers I was using. I searched for other nodes where I can restart the sims. While I was trying to run sims, old, unpleasant incidents started coming to my mind and I wanted to shout at somebody. Reminded me of theme of the book 'The Sphere' by Michael Crichton. How delicate is our brain's composure. And how we choose to exhume old incidents as excuses to be angry when the reason is the present.

No comments: